Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Queensland Inc (“WIRQ”) is a not-for-profit organisation which operates for the benefit of its members in the insolvency and restructuring industry.
WIRQ, formerly known as IWIRC Queensland, formed in 1994 and was established by several female insolvency practitioners. Since its formation the membership base has grown in excess of 200 financial members.
Our members are professional women and men across accounting firms, law firms, insurers, real estate agencies, auctioneering firms, financial institutions and government bodies. We aim to strengthen and diversify our membership base with each passing year.
WIRQ’s objectives are to:
1. promote the involvement of women in insolvency and related professions;
2. provide opportunities for education and self-development for members;
3. provide opportunities for networking, business development and sharing of experience, interests, expertise and business opportunities between members;
4. provide a forum to address insolvency policy concerns; and
5. promote the objects of the association to the public and other registered not for profit organisations, which provide support to the community in areas of social and economic need.